I was cleaning my office of accumulated papers and old documents when I found this precious little gem published by the Peale Center For Christian Living in 1992. These values are just as important in 2013. For a full explanation of these, do your thinking and research on what these might mean to you today! Then chose to implement them. Here is some of the content from Dr. Peale’s Action Booklet “Seven Values To Live By”.
- Integrity: Firm Adherence To A Code Of Moral Values – start with Complete Honesty
- Courage: The Strength To Do What is Right Regardless Of The Consequences
- Enthusiasm: Passion For Life, from en theos, In God, Love God, Love Others, Love Life
- Happiness: State Of Well-Being And Contentment
- Faith: Belief And Trust In God; “Faith is the substance of things hoped for…” Heb: 11:1
- Hope: Expectation Of Success, Live With Hope In God’s Promises For The Best Life
- Love: Selfless Concern For All Others. Of Faith, Hope, and Love, the greatest is Love
In this Action Booklet Dr. Peale asks and says the following, “The standards of true success are these: Are you in control of yourself? Do you have a grip on life? Are you happy? Are you developing your spiritual life? Do you get a thrill out of everyday living? Do you know God? Are you held in high esteem by other people? If money comes to you along with all these values, that is good. But money should not be your main goal. Achieving a happy, satisfying, and fulfilling life is what you really should focus on.”
What is your focus today? Is it only on your self? I encourage you to get bigger than the circumstances in your life. You have will power, your will, God’s power. Who do you know could use your encouragement today? Take action before this day is over and put these seven values into effect: Integrity, Courage, Enthusiasm, Happiness, Faith, Hope, Love!